I’m thrilled to announce that my book, #BrandSchizo, is finally out in print!
I have been talking about brand schizophrenia for some time now and worked with the wonderful Amy Heydenrych to compile those blog posts, talks, and interviews into a single coherent work. It was published with the help of Jacana Media and the design team of Chanel and Tanya at Cerebra.
The book addresses my assertion that the risk in the gap between what brands promise in social media and what the businesses behind those brands deliver in actuality is more significant than having no social media brand presence whatsoever. It defines brand schizophrenia, provides tools for diagnosis and steps to the cure.
#BrandSchizo got great reviews from friends – and colleagues in the industry too. Branding and advertising guru Andy Rice had this to say:
Mike Stopforth succinctly charts the growth of the latest and most disruptive era in the evolution of brands, which has left Industrial Age businesses struggling to cope with a changed environment populated by Information Age customers and staff.
Dion Chang, author, and owner of Flux Trends:
Mike Stopforth highlights the gaping divide between a new generation customer who embraces the speed, functionality and connectivity of a digital era, and the slow moving, mostly confused and bewildered corporations that are still relying on outdated business templates spawned in the 20th century.
And my old boss, author, and futurist Dr. Graeme Codrington, shared his thoughts too:
Mike Stopforth has written a really important book in Brand Schizo. With his normal brio and racy style, he takes us back to the start of the Industrial era and then rushes us forward to the start of the referral economy he believes we’re living in now. Along the way he makes a compelling case for a new set of rules for success for companies and individuals alike.
The book will be available on Amazon in electronic format very soon.
As a means of celebrating, and in the interest of getting my book into your hands, I’m giving away 20 FREE #BrandSchizo talks. With each 45 minute talk, you get 20 copies of the book, also for free. Here are the Ts and Cs:
- You have to actually be a brand – i.e., a company, organisation, publication, product, etc. At this stage, I’m not doing kids’ parties. Yet.
- There have to be at least 20 people in the room.
- You can invite as many people as you like to listen, but you can’t charge for the event.
- You have to pay for my travel if you’re not in Johannesburg.
- You have to comment on this post telling me why you think it would be beneficial to your company. Pretty much any reason is good enough, but it’s a first-come, first served scenario. Also, please log in with your email address so we can contact you to set up a date and time.
I look forward to it! And please share your thoughts on the book and the idea, positive or negative, on this post or as a review.